Monday, March 27, 2017

Ginger (root)



  The first time I have used the ginger root was when a friend of mine recommended me to prepare an infusion made of ginger to improve a cold:  fill a saucepan with water and add some pieces of ginger, cut into slices, and two cinnamon sticks. Let it come to a boil and remove from heat; let it stand for some minutes. Strain liquid and add the juice of a lemon and a spoonful of honey.
The quantities and the way of preparing a recipe is, as I have often mentioned, to the taste of person who makes the recipe.
Really, I felt much better and from that moment on I have included the ginger in the list of my ingredients. I like adding it, finely chopped, to the cream soups by its characteristic flavor, a spicy one that does not burn you, like in the Cream of zucchini soup.
⚫  I also discovered, by that time, the ginger dices that are sold in ecological stores; something very convenient to have on hand at any time; in addition, I learned about the benefits of this peculiar root.
The funny thing is that shortly after starting to consume ginger, it became a regular product in any store of fruits and vegetables.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment