Friday, March 31, 2017

Rice with mushrooms



◼  They made me a present of a box with dehydrated Maitake mushrooms of ecological production, until that moment I had never tried them. And I didn´t really know very well how to prepare them, so I decided on rice with mushrooms.

The box contained 30 grams of dehydrated mushrooms; I put them to soak in water overnight to hydrate them.

The next day, I prepared them as follows:
  • Cover the bottom of a paella pan with  extra virgin olive oil  to sauté, first, one finely chopped onion; then, add some finely chopped garlic cloves when the onion is softened; stir and let make some minutes over a low heat.
  • Add a spoonful of  Herbes de Provence , stir and let make some minutes.
  • Cut the mushrooms into small pieces, add and stir. Add ½ coffee cup of round-grain brown rice, stir and cover everything with water. Keep over a high heat until the water begins to boil, add salt (to taste) and reduce the heat. Time required, approximately, an hour.
◼  Ideas to repeat and, besides, to have always on hand together with dried legumes and rice in the pantry.


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment