Saturday, January 28, 2017

Combination of sautéed spinach with chickpeas



  Sautéed spinach with raisins and almonds accompanied by cooked chickpeas.
  When I cook chickpeas to prepare Hummus, I cook them with an onion and some bay leaves; I usually cook more than I need to prepare the chickpea paste; so, on the one hand, I prepare hummus and on the other hand, another dish like this combination of sautéed spinach.
  In addition, I reserve the stock from cooking the chickpeas to prepare other recipes, for instance, a noodle soup.
  Spinach is cooked fast, in a saucepan with a little water and salt (to taste) or steamed. In a skillet, first sauté in a little extra virgin olive oil the raisins and almonds (or pine nuts, according to what you have on hand) and then add spinach, stir and ready to serve.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment